Friday, May 3, 2024

Enjoy Your Now

Sometimes I get so wrapped up with worrying about tomorrow, I forget to enjoy today.  



Each moment on this earth is a gift; so we need to enjoy it.  We should be thankful for the present moment because it's all that we are guaranteed. 





Even when life is rough and times are tough, it is important to find enjoyment.  It will help get us through the bad times.  Romans 5:3&4 - We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.
I am so thankful that Britney took time off of work to stay 'state side' five extra days (after her work conference), to come visit all of us. 


Saturday 4/27 - All four horses were waiting by the shed when I pulled in at the barn at 6:10am. 










I just love these two pasos, such characters.
It was a beautiful morning, and I enjoyed watching the horses as I turned them out to pasture, and even mucking was a pleasant task.
 

Joe and Britney were still asleep when I got home, but soon we were all moving and out the door by 9:00.  We  dropped Maggie at Patty's and made quick time to Murfreesboro. 










Ava found a way to conquer the 'lava' (wood floor) by scooting around on diapers. 



Out to walk Tango, and Ava was going to show us her improved bike riding skills, but she quickly 'dismounted' and walked the whole time.  




Opening a birthday gift from Britney.







During Ava's nap time, we watched the silly reality show 'Love Is Blind.'  I think we saw three episodes, and some of us napped some of the time.


Once Ava was up, we switched to a Disney Movie. 









Notice Fluffy Kitty beside the TV.  He was there all afternoon.



Dinner and entertainment was at Plaza Mariachi.  I'll let the photos speak for themselves.











































 












The first band was right in front of our table so we swayed, clapped, and (those who knew Spanish) sang to the music. 

The next group started out up on stage with four dancers and then when they came down off stage they got the crowd participating with a conga line.  I was all in.  















They cleared the stage away and the now larger dance floor was full.  The man lead the dances (giving verbal cues) with the three ladies mingled among the crowd doing the dance so we could all follow along.  Many of the dances I knew, so I was having a good time.



Ava hit the dance  floor and was  having a  great time.  (Videos one, two, and three).  She was dancing 'Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes' to the macarena. 










We were worried about her getting run over several times.  So dancing with Britney was sometimes a safer option.

After this show, the dancers posed with any who wanted their photo. 











They do a live TV show of the second and third performances, so the broadcasters were having fun with the dancers also.


Sunday 4/28 - Joe, Britney and I had slept at Courtney's.  It was a beautiful, sunny morning.  Courtney's one black cat was being brave and investigating Joe. 










Taking time to smell the roses and feel the warm sunshine.  Courtney's knock out roses are beautiful.


We spent the day at Dan and Vale's with them, Ava, Yaneth, Tango, and the three cats.  
















 













Being silly with Titi Courtney while enjoying popcorn. 




Playing in the sprinkler with her Dad and Titi Britney. 









Handsome daddy Daniel.  







When Ava picked up the sprinkler and started coming at Dan and Britney, there was a little squealing on everyone's part. 








It was a pretty day, but just not quite warm enough for getting in the cold hose water.
 


During Ava's long afternoon nap, we ordered take-out and ate Chinese.  Britney and I went for a walk but had to scurry home because the sprinkles that had started while we were out, started getting more steady.  So it was up to the bonus room for TV time.  










When Ava woke from her nap, she came upstairs for some snuggles.  Both girls were being ornery about posing for a photo. 
 


We took another late afternoon walk when the shadows were quite long. 










Ava was wanting to chase her shadow, but it was in the wrong direction, until we turned around to head home.  























There was time for some bubble blowing (video) once back from the walk.  











The day was winding down and so were we.







Alas, it was time to say good night and head back to Courtney's house. 

Goodbye for now sweet little Ava.

Monday 4/29 - Wash enjoying the early morning view out the window.  Britney and I chatted and computerized before Joe and Courtney got up. 













Patty was dog sitting Maggie and took her to the ranch when doing early morning chores.  She said Maggie went running up to the horses with her tail wagging, excited to see them. 


We left Courtney's just before she headed to work at 8:30.  Goodbye for now to our wonderful daughter. 

Rose was semi-sunning when we got home because there was only semi-sun with the overcast skies.  Cats usually seem to get the most out of the now. 


We had left over Chinese for lunch and I worked a 300 piece puzzle while hanging out with Britney.  I did some food prep and then we headed to the
ranch. 

Patty was there and we got right to work saddling up our horses.  Brooke had let us borrow Banner, who we put Britney on. 





We just did a short ride, at a walk, because of time constraints and Amiga's condition. 

I led some of the time and Patty lead some of the time, and we kept Britney in the middle or back. 
 
All three horses did great and were very well behaved. 







It was perfect riding weather which also made the experience all the more enjoyable. 




As we rode back into the barnyard, Joe got some photos of the three of us. 
About then, Amiga decided to start acting up.  'Enough of this photo shoot, let's get to the barn for dinner.'





Maggie (who had been closed into Zorro's stall) was glad to see us.  She too is starting to show her age, and coming up 'lame' after a busy day of running out at the ranch.  Beside, deer will soon be dropping babies and we don't want Maggie wreaking havoc with them.  



Joe, Patty and Britney went up to the house because guests were arriving, and I did the feeding chores. 




Karen, Judy, and Shirley joined us for dinner, each bringing a dish to share, so there was plenty of good eating. 
 


It really cooled off after the sun went down, and we wound up the party just after 8pm. 


Tuesday 4/30 - Oops, I forgot this cute photo from this weekend.  I love these girls. 

We had a slow moving morning, with Britney and Joe working on her new laptop to figure some things out.  Joe also grilled bacon, eggs, and potatoes for brunch. 


Britney and I went into town ahead of Joe to do some shopping at Walmart and the boot store. 

Then we met him at the playhouse to watch 'Dial M For Murder.'






The production was good, but not as fun as many because it was more dialog than action. 

Afterwards, I gave my daughter a big hug goodbye and she and Joe were on their way back to Nashville. 
Goodbye for now my precious daughter.


J&B met Courtney and Kent at a restaurant for dinner.  And they sent me some photos to help offset my FOMS and sorrow (having to say goodbye to Britney). 












I started laundry, general neatening up of the house, pet care, and work on this blog. 



After dinner, I took a long walk with Maggie.  We bumped into Joe and his dog Mikey.  It was nice to chat.  I was still feeling sad.  I had teared up driving home alone from the Playhouse, and was getting teary eyed again.  Life is so short, and rather uncertain, so it makes goodbyes hard.  It is especially difficult to say farewell to those you really love, who live so far away, because if you think about the possibility that it could be the last hug goodbye (because in reality, most of us never know when our last goodbye is) it causes tears to well up in my eyes.  This is one reason why it is so important to live in the now, and enjoy every minute with those you love.

Joe got home just as I was climbing into bed to read.


Wednesday 5/1 - Happy May Day.  Here is another photo from the weekend I just got from Courtney.  Fluffy Kitty at Dan's, trying to get some lovin'. 





Courtney wouldn't be taking Britney to the airport until after lunch, so sent this photo of her cats warming up to Britney.  The black one is very skittish with strangers.

I have been spending extra time here at my computer, looking for a new horse to buy (or lease) so I haven't had time for the games I usually play. 

I had a taxing ab, arm, and upper body workout, skipping the elliptical with the plan for a long walk outside.

I went out on the deck (in the sun) to eat lunch and read, but only lasted 38 minutes because it was too hot. 









I got to the ranch early to do some odd jobs and then take Amiga for a little ride before feeding time.  I rode her down our new trail and back and she did not feel off at all.  She did have a few missed steps or trips, but other than that she felt smooth and even.  We just walked and the terrain was mostly flat.  She did so well, it had me thinking maybe she will be ride-able after all.  But I know she will never be able to cover the distance I desire to travel, or go at a faster speed.

It was nearly 7pm when I got home, so a long walk never occurred, I was too tired anyway. 
 
Thursday 5/2 - It was supposed to be a leg day at the gym, but since rain was in the forecast the next eight days, starting tomorrow, I decided to take advantage of the warm, sunny day and work outside.  I planned to hike later, for an aerobic and leg workout. 

After blogging, I cut my horse shopping short and got to the ranch by 10am.

Wanda and Maggie resting in the shade of the barn. 
It got up to 80° so was quite warm working in the sun. 







I mowed the upper paddock and cleared leaves and sticks from along the fence line at Jem's and behind the chicken coop. 
Look at the flowers in the corner of the yard by the upper paddock gate.  


And see these flowers by Mama's memorial bench.
I weeded the raised bed and then took the wagon load into the woods down back. 








I sometimes forget to flip the seat of the mower (or tractor) up so the sun doesn't make it too hot to sit on... but not today.

Wanting to enjoy the now, with the beautiful sunny day, I took Amiga on a short little ride, and again, she felt nearly sound.  Brooke had arrived to feed as I was riding up the drive, so Amiga was wanting to rush a bit.  She did great until I had turned the corner in the back pasture and was headed towards the barn.  Needless to say, she 'spun several donuts' as I had to keep one rein stopping her.  I was quite concerned she might re-injure herself.  As we came down the drive to the barn, faster than I wanted her to go, I took her straight past the barn and out the back gate.  She stopped twice, I gave her a few seconds to reconsider, and then asked her to walk on, which she did. 





Once out on Hathaway, to reward Amiga's cooperation, I let her munch on the tall grass for a minute, then I dismounted and walked her back to the barn.  While tied, I gave her a Previcox and did hoof care.  And she finally got to go in her stall to eat. 
 



Maggie and I got home at 4:30 and had an early dinner.  I am not sure why our Rhododendron out front is only blooming on the top half.  There are buds all over it. 



These dianthus come back each year, bigger than the year before.  I love them. 






With my weighted vest on, and dog in hand, I walked to the Seven Bridges trail and hiked the loop.  Most of the bridges cross the creek so Maggie was able to cool off and get a drink several times.

I was in bed asleep when poker Joe got home.

Friday 5/3 - The rains came during the early morning and continued until almost noon.  Monita on the bean-bag under my desk as I horse shopped.  It was too wet to do anything outside, so
I hit the gym for over two hours and did two loads of laundry.


More rain fell off and on in the afternoon.  I went out between showers to feed deer and check on Rose. 

It was pretty much a 'do nothing' day, but to enjoy it for what it was, I read awhile and started
a new 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  





The iris in the yard looked a little 'worse for wear' having gotten pelted by a heavy, late afternoon downpour.

Popcorn (with ice water cause I'm trying to be good) was enjoyed during an hour of Survivor and two hours of Suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment